Actor Jordan Voon Reveals He Nearly Choked To Death On A Water Bottle Plastic Ring

by | Sep 22, 2021 | THE GRAPEVINE | 0 comments

(Photo Courtesy: Netflix MY)

Malaysia actor Jordan Voon recently had a harrowing near-death experience that left him shaken, and it was over something less commonly heard of yet one would not have thought of otherwise as being dangerous.

The 56-year-old actor relayed his story in a Facebook post on Thursday, Sept 16th, a day after the incident where he informed fans of how close he was to death.

“Yesterday, in the afternoon around 4:30 pm on September 15 2021, it was raining cats and dogs, with thunder and lightning in the sky… At that moment, this guy [Jordan Voon] was this close to bidding goodbye to everyone and departing from the world forever…”, he recounted.

“I picked up the water bottle beside me as I was thirsty, and by force of habit, to prevent the bottle from touching my lips, I opened my mouth wide and poured the water in my mouth. And in that very moment, I felt something hard slide into my throat… [it was] stuck. I rushed to try and cough it out, but it slid even deeper instead.”

The actor had unknowingly swallowed the plastic ring commonly found on mineral water bottles after breaking the seal, which had fallen off and lodged itself into his throat.

(Photo Courtesy: Jordan Voon / Facebook)

“It felt like there was something holding on to my throat, it was as if there was some sort of force choking me and starting to stiffen, making it hard to even breathe.”

The actor then mentions feeling ‘lightheaded’ and losing the strength to stand. Jordan’s wife had merely assumed the actor had choked on some water at first before the couple’s son rushed in to help him dislodge the ring as the situation became dire.

After continuous tries, he was able to cough up the object. He concludes his post on the note that by sharing his ordeal, more will be wary and remember to remove the plastic ring from their water bottles before drinking from it. 

“I never imagined that this plastic ring would nearly cost me my life. If not, I’d have been very embarrassed about the news headlines today… local artiste Jordan Voon choked to death on a plastic bottle ring… that’s really very embarrassing!”