Bilingual, Multi-Topical News and Views
RGT to manufacture RM500 million worth of goods
RGT Bhd is expected to produce about RM500 million worth of hygiene care products once its new 10,000 sq ft manufacturing cum warehouse facility at its Bukit Minyak plant in Penang starts operations early next year.
This is an augmentation of the present production capacity by 2.5 times. The existing 150,000 sq ft production floor manufactures about RM200 million worth of hygiene care products a year.
So far RM30 million has been invested into the expansion and RGT Bhd will inject another RM30 million for the current financial year ending June 30, 2022.
The company also spent RM15 million on a two-acre site and a factory opposite the present premises. These properties acquired will be used for a future expansion project.
However, the new facility, once operational will focus on hygiene care products such as dispensers for soap, air fresheners and sanitisers.
According to company officials there are new customers waiting to place orders. But these new customers are unable to visit the manufacturing facility and so they are currently holding on to their orders.
About 70 percent of its hygiene care products are sold to US-based customers while the remaining 30 percent is consumed in Europe.
-THE MALAYSIA VOICE